I think everyone has those meal recipes that they make once a week or maybe even more often. This recipe is one of my favorites! This is not only delicious the day you make it, but it’s amazing as leftovers too. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tsp avocado oil (or whichever cooking oil you prefer)
- 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups diced sweet potato
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- Optional topping: Fancy Sauce
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- Start cooking your quinoa first. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil in a medium pot. Pour in the quinoa and cover. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Set aside off the heat for about 5 minutes, then uncover and fluff with fork. Keep covered after fluffing for now!
- Take the chicken breasts out of packaging and put them on a cutting board. Pound the chicken breasts so they easily will cook even throughout. Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat 2 tsp of avocado oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook on each side for about 8-9 minutes; or until cooked through. While cooking, squeeze fresh lemon juice over chicken.
- Heat the other 2 tsp of avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the diced sweet potato and cook until soft.
- Add in the peppers and mix in with the sweet potato until soft.
- Add in the chopped spinach, and combine the sweet potato mixture well. Add more oil if necessary.
- Now this is why you need a large skillet. Take a spatula, and fold the quinoa into the sweet potato mixture. Combine well.
- When ready to serve, scoop the veggie quinoa onto a plate and top with sliced chicken.
- Optional: Mix the mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce together, and drizzle chicken with it.
You’ll feel like a real chef after this recipe. I know I do! Enjoy, and if you have any questions please let me know!