The season of Lent is here! While I love a good Friday night fish fry, I also love having other meatless options to have for meals. We love salmon in our household. Many times I will make it with my Veggie Quinoa recipe. I always enjoy when restaurants have salmon salads, because it’s such a nice change up instead of grilled chicken all of the time. This salad recipe is one you definitely don’t want to miss out on. It is the perfect lunch not only for meatless Fridays but really any time! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 2-3oz cooked Salmon
- 1 1/2 cup spring mix or mixed greens
- 1 tbsp red onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp goat cheese
- 4-5 Mandarin orange slices
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- Dressing if desired: Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place salmon on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season as desired! My particular favorite is a little salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While your salmon is cooking, assemble your salad! Put the greens down first, add the red onions, goat cheese, Mandarin oranges and dried cranberries. Once your salmon is cooked through, place on top and drizzle with dressing if desired. But it really doesn’t need any with all of the awesome flavors involved!