I found this recipe a few years ago when we were still living in Green Bay, and I actually haven’t made it since because I forgot about it! But it’s a fun go-to family recipe that is easy to put together even the night before if needed. There are nights when I spend lots of time on dinner, but some nights I just want to throw something together and this recipe is perfect for that. It’s great leftover too, which you already know I love recipes that make great leftovers! Hope you enjoy this one, and can add it to your list of recipes as well!
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 bag of wide egg noodles
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel Original Tomatos with diced chiles
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 bag of nacho cheese Doritos, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook your egg noodles according to the package and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg noodles, cooked chicken, garlic powder, pepper, salt, chives, crushed red peppers, both cans of soup, Rotel tomatoes, and corn.
- Stir with a spatula until everything is mixed well.
- Place 1/2 of the noodle mixture in a 9×13 casserole dish, and sprinkle half of the cheese over it. Then place the rest of the noodle mixture in the dish on top of the cheese, and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the casserole.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes. I suggest about 40-50 minutes if you mixed it up the night before.
- Remove the tin foil for the last five minutes of baking.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle crushed Doritos over the top of the casserole
- Let it cool for about five minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply