I love making smoothies. This recipe is for an average morning smoothie that is healthy, delicious, and great for your kids as well. Carter enjoys morning smoothies with me now and I love it! I’d also like to point out the stainless steel straw in my smoothie picture. I really enjoy using these straws because they are not only way better for the environment, but they are also easy to clean and re-use whenever you need a straw. Here is the link to my Norwex business site if you would like to order your own!:
Something I have learned when it comes to making smoothies, is you need to follow some type of recipe. It’s not just throwing a bunch of ingredients into the blender and hoping it tastes good, because that can be a waste! It can also make the smoothie not as healthy as it should be. This recipe below is super simple, and I really hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 of a medium avocado (I like to keep a few avocados in the refrigerator especially for smoothies!)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and mix up until desired consistency. If it is too thick, feel free to add a little water to it.