Levi’s Birth Story

It’s been a little over a week since we brought our sweet Levi home from the hospital. It’s been a whirlwind adding another little boy into our family and I’m so excited to share more about that special day we finally got to meet him. If you want the short version, head over to my Instagram page and watch this reel instead! – ://www.instagram.com/p/CfeilGiggoc/?hl=en

On Tuesday, June 28th, I had a baby checkup at 10:30am. It was quick; my doctor and I actually scheduled an induction for Friday that week. I was praying that I wouldn’t have to be induced though! I really wanted my body to go into labor on it’s own. I met with the gals at the front desk, and they gave me all of the information on being induced. I had remembered the same guidelines from when I was induced with Carter. I left the office feeling a little off, but excited at least to know that by Friday I’d meet our little baby. I went to the shop quick and got a few things done next. Jeff came up to see how I was doing and he could tell I was a little bummed and anxious that I felt like I would probably have to be induced. But he is also always so optimistic, and made me feel better!

After that I went to Neiman’s. our local grocery store, for a few things while I was out with no kids, and there were a few times when I was grabbing groceries I felt a little crampy, and pressure but it didn’t feel like an actual contraction. Looking back now.. I think that’s when my labor somewhat started? The afternoon became pretty eventful from there. I got home and while I was unloading my groceries, my mom was heading to a magic show with Carter and Payton. I always say it, but grandparents are the best, and this gave me a little more time to do things around the house!

Around 3:00, I went to take Bella for a walk. At this point I had felt some more tightening but nothing consistent. It would also only last for maybe ten seconds and then go away. I put my headphones in, and headed out. About halfway up our road I was a little warm and noticed the rest of the road ahead had no shade so I decided to turn around. Good thing I did… about five feet after turning around, (TMI) I felt a gush and just knew.. oh my goodness my water just broke! Yep. While I was out walking our dog lol!

Thankfully I was pretty close to home so I headed back somewhat quickly. I called Jeff and told him to start heading back to Tawas (he was up at our Oscoda shop), and said I would wait for him to get home to head to the hospital. For the next half hour my water was leaking more, and I was getting a tad nervous waiting for Jeff to get home, but sat on my labor ball and just stayed calm. My bag was packed, I felt like I had everything. Once Jeff got home, we headed to the hospital. On the road, we passed my mom with the kids and I was able to give them both one last hug and kiss before we kept going. This is when I got super emotional. The next time I was going to see Carter and Payton.. we would have another baby!

Well. We pulled up to the hospital.. and I realized I forgot my wallet.. no ID, insurance card, COME ON ALYSSA. So back in the car we went lol, thankfully we’re only like five minutes from the hospital! Soon enough we arrived back and I headed in. Of course this time there were also three ambulances pulling in from a car accident so the ER was a bit chaotic to check into. I was having regular contractions about four minutes a part at this point. By the time we walked to the OB floor they were getting more intense. I walked in and saw my first two amazing nurses Kim and Laura. They were both two VERY important people when it came to my delivery and birth of our sweet boy. I will never forget their kindness, how they made me feel confident, told me exactly how things would go, and kept me as comfortable as possible.

My contractions were getting closer together and much stronger. I told my nurses I’d like the epidural ASAP. Well. That’s when things started to transition and happen very quickly. My nurse Kim checked me, and listen to this.. I was already at EIGHT CENTIMETERS. And she could actually feel my water bag that hadn’t quite broke yet.. so crazy! She stood up, came to my bedside while checking my contractions and said, “Oh honey, we’re not going to have time for that epidural. You’ll have a baby before we can get that.” I looked at her and said, “Seriously??” Then looked at Jeff as I started to tear up, and quietly said to him “I’m scared..” He grabbed my hand and told me it was going to be just fine, and that I can do this. SO thankful for him and his support too. He has been so involved and hands on in all three of our children’s births. I love him even more for that.

My doctor got to the room shortly after that. It was a little funny because I literally just saw him that morning, no labor signs, and here we are now! I was basically told that he was going to break my water and the baby was going to be ready to come right out. I kept breathing through my contractions, and I was squeezing Jeff’s fingers off through each one lol. My doctor broke the rest of my water, and they were all right, it was time to meet our baby! My doctor said at the next contraction we would try to push. I was already crying a little bit out of fear and pain. I prayed to myself. This was when my night nurses also came in and helped! Brandi and Tami were absolutely incredible too. They literally started their shift, came right in, and helped me deliver too. That first push and we could see the baby’s head! I needed some coaching on pushing because I was in so much pain, and trying to remember to breathe and stay calm. I also think because things were moving so quickly I was still trying to wrap my head around everything!

I think I pushed about 6-7 times? I can’t remember the exact amount but it wasn’t very long! With the first three pushes I felt the baby’s head come out and in my mind I thought.. “Okay shoulders next and the rest is easy.” Well those shoulders were the hardest part I think because little man decided to come out all big, strong and broad shouldered, yeah.. OUCH! But I’ll never forget once the shoulders were out it was like one more half push and the baby was being put on my chest! My nurse Laura said “Do you know what you had?!” I didn’t yet! And that was when I think I heard two voices say, “it’s a boy!” I looked at Jeff and started sobbing. I was skin to skin with our baby BOY. Another boy to love!! I just kept thanking God. Jeff was crying, I was crying, our baby boy was crying lol. I am so happened we waited to find out until this very moment. It was so special!! He was a BIG boy also, and I can tell you, I felt every inch of him come out lol. But I can still feel Levi’s skin being placed on mine from that day as crazy as that sounds. The moment that your baby is placed on your chest is unforgettable. He felt so warm. I could feel his heartbeat. Still gives me goosebumps and tears in my eyes thinking about it!

We had lots of good skin to skin time and then they took him over to the warmer to get checked out. I was still being stitched up during this time and getting everything cleaned up, so Jeff went over to be with Levi. Now I will say, we didn’t name him right away. It took us a bit! Jeff and I both looked at each other at one point though and both knew, his name was Levi. And I can’t imagine it any other way. NINE pounds and nine ounces of pure love and newborn smell! He was absolutely perfect. I kept thanking my doctor and all of my amazing nurses who were incredible during Levi’s delivery. I get emotional again thinking about how helpful they were and they way they communicated every moment with me. I’m forever grateful. You could feel that small town love in the room too, I’ll never forget it.

My mom delivered Mcdonald’s to us around 9:00pm, because that was the only thing open lol! But let me tell you those French fries and cheeseburgers were both SO good. She even tossed in an Oreo McFlurry, score! I was holding and feeding Levi, while Jeff was feeding me a burger, life was so good ha! I felt better after I ate. I was pretty shaky after delivery and felt really light-headed about an hour after I had him. I hadn’t ate since like 1:30pm that day, and that was just a small snack. I showered shortly after and we got settled in our other room. Jeff was pumped because there was actually a bed for him this time around lol!

I remember posting about Payton’s birth story and saying “I can’t believe how fast it went…” etc. Okay well little did I know Levi’s birth would be even faster! We got to the hospital around 5:15, and he was born at 6:59pm! I remember around midnight when the nurses came in to check on me and him, I had so many mixed thoughts and emotions. I kept replaying labor and delivery into my head and how fast it went! Levi did really well through his first night, wanted to eat like every hour lol but I don’t blame him. My recovery started going pretty well, I was super sore but I’ve been feeling better each day since!

It has been an adjustment of course going from two to three little ones, but at the same time, we still do the same things we’ve always done, just with Levi now! He’s such a little sweetie, and so calm in the chaos with Carter and Payton lol. They’re doing really well too, other than some meltdowns with mommy having to share her attention even more now. But that’s to be expected! Our house is a little louder than before, but there is also more love! We just got our family photos done this morning, and I look forward to sharing those with you soon too. Questions for me one week postpartum? I’d love to answer them!

I hope you enjoyed reading through Levi’s birth story! If you made it to the end, you’re my MVP’s lol because I know it was a long one. Thank you so much for all of the prayers and extra support during this exciting time!

Lots of love & God Bless,


4 thoughts on “Levi’s Birth Story

Add yours

  1. What a wonderful story! TruePacker fan here and live hearing about your beautiful family! Thanks for sharing! Mary Lou Kuran from Marinette, WI

    Sent from my iPad



  2. What a beautiful story of Levi’s birth! Congratulations to you and Jeff! I’m so happy for this special boy who has been added to your family! 💙🥰


  3. Awe….So happy for you & Jeff! Carter, Payton and now Levi…. ❤️❤️❤️ What a beautiful story Alyssa! God has truly blessed your sweet family. Congratulations!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: