My crock pot game has been ON POINT lately. You know you have a good recipe when your husband has seconds and thirds on helpings! I’ve been using it several times a week for our dinners. This fall just feels different. Payton is way more mobile and loves to play all day now that she’s getting bigger. And Carter wants to get outside any chance we can! Hence, why I’ve been loving my crockpot lately. I can easily toss our dinner’s in there and head outside with my kids where I should be! This pulled pork recipe is super easy, very few ingredients, and not much to it. We hope you enjoy it!
- 4lb pork shoulder, bone in
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups bbq sauce (we used a Red Robin brand that was DELISH)
- Optional: sliced white onions
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Rub the seasonings all over your pork shoulder. Things might get messy here!
- Place your seasoned pork shoulder in the crockpot and add in the apple juice. Add in the onions if you are using them too. Cover and put on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 5-6 hours.
- Once cooked, take the shoulder out and shred! Get rid of the excess fat, and toss your shredded meat in a large bowl. Add in your bbq sauce and and mix well.
- Serve it in some toasted buns and add whatever you’d like on top!