I’m all about a good soup recipe that is easy to toss into a pot together and brew up. That’s pretty much what I did with this one! I have been loving our venison sausage from Jeff’s Wisconsin buck to add into dinner recipes. Check out the recipe below!
- 1 lb ground venison sausage
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 32oz chicken stock
- 3/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 12oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1 big bunch of kale, ripped into small chunks
- 1 16oz pack of potato gnocchi
- 1 pint half and half
- Add the venison to a large pot. Season with pepper, salt, and garlic powder, then ground it up until browned and cooked through. Drain excess grease, and return back to pot.
- Add chicken stock, onions, and red peppers. Bring soup to a simmer and let it go for about two minutes.
- Then add in the kale, gnocchi, and the half and half. Continue cooking for 5-8 minutes, or until gnocchi is cooked through. Feel free to season more with a little salt and pepper.
- Serve it up with a little fresh parmesan if desired, and enjoy!