This recipe was one of the first ones I posted when I first started my blog back in 2018! I’ve tweaked it since then, but here is an excerpt from my old post that made me smile. My how life has changed since then!
“What I love about this recipe is that it’s easy to make and you can easily double the recipe if needed. They are a quick snack when you’re on-the-go, or when you’re a mom and forget to eat breakfast as you’re on your way out the door! These were also a huge help when I first had Carter for those late night feedings…”
I cannot believe how fast time has gone by since I wrote that! Check out my updated recipe below, and whip up a batch to pack in your little one’s lunches this week for school!
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 3/4 cup crispy rice cereal – optional but I love the extra crisp or crunch it gives the protein balls!
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, or shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip, or dairy free chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine the peanut butter and the honey until smooth.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients, and stir with a spatula. Make sure the oat mixture is coated evenly!
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about an hour to help the protein balls set.
- Store in a tight container, and enjoy when you need a quick pick-me-up!