Nachos are always the answer. Our household nachos are piled high and full of lots of yummy ingredients. One main thing that makes our nachos different is some fresh ground venison that we use for our meat. It makes such an awesome difference, and is healthy too! We use organic veggies which gives that extra fresh taste as well. Now I wouldn’t advise having these every night of the week, but when you need a fun and easy meal for the family that won’t disappoint, this is perfect! It’s also great for game day, or a fun Fiesta party. If you have other ingredients to replace or add to this recipe, feel free! This is just what we use.
- Bag of tortilla chips
- 2 lbs ground venison
- Taco seasoning- Make your own, or buy the packet! Just make sure there is no Silicon Dioxide listed in the ingredients; you don’t want any part of that! This is a new one I found that was really good.
- 4 cups shredded cheese (I like to mix Pepper jack and Colby jack)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium avocados, cubed
- Dash of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce across the nachos
- Fancy sauce – 8oz of softened cream cheese, and your favorite salsa mixed together. (This is the key to awesome nachos).
- Plain Greek yogurt- If you’re a sour cream fan, here’s a great alternative!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cook the meat over medium heat until no longer pink. Add in the taco seasoning and combine until the meat is evenly coated]. Take off the burner.
- Spread the tortilla chips across a baking sheet. Sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese across the chips, top with cooked meat, and then sprinkle 2 more cups of cheese across the chips.
- Place in the oven for about ten minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Carefully take out of the oven and then pile on the toppings!