If you’ve been following me throughout my pregnancy, you’ve see that watermelon has always been well-stocked at our house! It’s been SO delicious this pregnancy. One of my main cravings has been cold fruit, and tonight while making tacos for dinner, I decided to make a little refreshing watermelon mocktail!
Try it out, and for my pregnant mamas you should get your hands on The Spoiled Mama “Bottom of the Ninth” Labor Prep Tea to really complete this drink, towards the end of your pregnancy! I have really enjoyed having a cup of their herbal tea during the day or even at night to kind of wind down since I’ve been in my third trimester. I even put some in this little mocktail! The Spoiled Mama has amazing mocktail and tea recipes on their website, I decided to use one by putting my own spin on it. It gave me watermelon margarita vibes! Recipe below:
- 1 1/2 tsp Bottom of the 9th Herbal Tea
- 1/2 lime freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup watermelon cubes
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 4 oz sparkling water – I used Pamplemousse La Croix
- Get your tea brewing first! I used 3/4 cup water, and in a a little strainer. I let it brew for about 3 minutes as I got my glass ready!
- Muddle your watermelon and mint leaves in the bottom of the glass.
- Add in the fresh squeezed lime juice, and then muddle a little more. Add in your agave nectar next!
- Add in 6-8 ice cubes
- Pour your cooled tea into the glass, and then top with your sparkling water!
Enjoy your refreshing mocktail!