One month down being a mom of two and some days I feel like I have everything under control; other days not so much! One thing I do always feel really good about is my breakfast. I’ve been on an oatmeal kick lately, and homemade is WAY better than those Quaker packs. With most of these ingredients already around your kitchen, here is a great recipe to get your entire day started, and to help keep you full until lunch!
- 3/4 cup rolled oats – I like to use Bob’s Red Mill gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk – I like my oatmeal thick so I don’t use as much milk, but feel free to add an extra splash if you need to!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup diced peaches
- Blueberries and honey for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, combine oats, milk, chia seeds, coconut oil, cinnamon, and peaches. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook on low for about 5-6 more minutes, stirring occasionally so you don’t scorch the bottom! Once the oats and consistency is to your liking, pour into a serving bowl.
- Top with blueberries and honey, and enjoy your breakfast!