We love our sweet treats in the Janis household, even though we try not to eat too many of them. If I do make them I try to use a few healthier ingredients to make them “not as bad,” but we all know they are called treats for a reason! I just made a batch of these cookies yesterday to end our weekend off right, and I’d love to share this simple recipe with you.
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Then add in the egg and vanilla and keep mixing.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together baking soda, salt, and whole wheat flour. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture until well combined.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and arrange them on a lined baking sheet. Take a fork a flatten each ball of dough just a little bit.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and allow to cool.