This recipe takes your normal blueberry muffins over the edge! When we went blueberry picking, I knew I mainly wanted to use them to help amp up my recipes. This was one of them! These muffins actually have a fall taste to them too (I add a little spice in mine), so even if you have your blueberries frozen already, get them out and start baking! These muffins turned out SO good, and they were bursting (literally) with blueberry deliciousness!
- 2 1/2 cups flour + 2 tsp for berries – I used all purpose flour!
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two cupcake tins with cupcake liners. If you don’t have liners, grease each circle with a little coconut oil!
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, and salt. When mixed well, add in the Greek yogurt, avocado oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Use a lower speed until combined.
- In another large bowl, or medium would work too, whisk together the dry ingredients: the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Definitely use a whisk rather than a spoon, it blends the ingredients so much better! Add in the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in small amounts at a time. I love using my standing mixer for this, makes it much easier! Try not to over-mix.
- In a small bowl, toss your blueberries with the 2 tsp of flour. Gently fold the coated berries into your batter. Use a spatula, so they are combined evenly!
- Use a small scoop to spoon muffin batter into each muffin pan. I like to make sure they are at least 1/2-3/4 full. Bake the muffins at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are a nice golden color. If you do use frozen berries you will most likely need to add 5-8 extra baking minutes.
- Let the baked muffins cool in the muffin pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack or plate! Enjoy the delicious bursting muffins once they cool down. Add a little butter if you’d like!