I love crock pot season. It’s even better when the football playoffs are on! Don’t let this long ingredients list intimidate you, it’s very easy to put together. I love to throw this in the crock pot in the morning and then let it cook all day. My recipe is actually kind of my own mix between white chicken chili and chicken tortilla soup! You can’t go wrong with chili in my book. Just don’t forget the noodles!
- 3 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 (15oz) can great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4oz) cans diced green chilis
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 small finely diced jalapeños
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup cooked noodles of your choice (I use elbows most of the time)
- Garnish: a few dashes of Frank’s Red Hot, and fresh cilantro
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker, and sprinkle the seasonings and garlic on them. Then pour in your chicken stock.
- Add in the beans, chilis, tomatoes, corn, yellow pepper, and jalapeños. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once chicken is tender, remove and shred with forks. Then return the chicken back into the crock pot.
- Add in the shredded cheese, and half and half. Stir and then cook for another 20 minutes on high.
- Serve over noodles or just by itself with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!