I’m all about a fresh burrito bowl! This recipe is very similar to a Chipotle burrito bowl, but this one you can make in your own home and it tastes just as delicious! Check out the recipe below.
- 2 bags frozen organic cauliflower rice
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 bunch finely chopped cilantro – half for rice, half for guacamole
- 2 medium avocados
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 limes, juiced – one for rice, one for guacamole
- Preheat the oven or grill to 400 degrees. I like to cook our chicken on our Traeger grill! Season your chicken breasts with the pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cumin.
- While the chicken in cooking, dice your tomatoes and mash those avocados for some fresh guacamole! Set a few tomatoes aside for fresh garnish in your burrito bowl as well.
- Guacamole: avocados, red onion, lime juice, and lots of fresh cilantro all mixed up. Feel free to add a little salt too!
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred it up or chop it into cubes. Feel free to add some hot sauce over it for an extra kick.
- The frozen cauliflower rice only takes about six minutes per bag, so you can wait until the chicken is just about done to cook that in the microwave. Follow the directions on the bag. Once the “rice” is cooked, add in finely chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Add as much or as little as you would like! I enjoy extra cilantro on mine. (I get that from my mom LOL).
- Build your bowl! Make your base with the cauliflower rice. Then add in the chicken, tomatoes, guacamole, hot sauce, etc.
- You are more than welcome to mess around with the toppings or ingredients for your liking. Black beans are a good add-in too, but Jeff isn’t a fan so I normally leave them out. Sometimes I will whip up some corn salsa as a side too!
- Make it your own, and enjoy!!