We baked this recipe when Payton asked if we could bake something over the weekend. I honestly didn’t have much to work with! The muffins in this recipe don’t even have eggs in them because I didn’t have any left! But we made them with what we had, and they turned out great. I am excited for Levi to try them too! Carter isn’t a huge fan of bananas so they weren’t his cup of tea, but that’s okay! They will be really nice to have in the mornings and for snacks this week. Check out the recipe below!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 bananas
- 1 15oz canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk (I used oat milk..because it was all we had left!)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups organic white flour
- Involve your little ones while you make these if you can! They are simple, and seeing the excitement as they mix, bake, and see the finished product is great. I could tell our kids were proud of their work!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees,
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. I let Payton take this job over.
- Mix in the coconut oil, pumpkin, milk, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Add in your nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt next.
- Mix in the flour. We actually just hand-mixed everything with a big spatula and that worked really good.
- Line your muffin tins, and fill each cup about 2/3 full. Ours were all kinds of sizes since I let the kids scoops them lol!
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, store in an airtight container, or feel free to freeze them!
Leave a Reply