Why not add one more Thanksgiving baking session in this week! Carter loves to help in the kitchen. And sometimes, when things are getting crazy around here, if I offer to bake or cook something? It works every time. It’s probably the best thing to redirect to when he’s feeling big feelings. These cookies are so easy to whip up. I actually took a short cut by just using some sugar cookie dough that was already in my refrigerator and they turned out super yummy. Half the work, and Carter had a blast rolling out cookie dough balls! Check out the easy recipe below!
- 1 roll of sugar cookie dough – or bake your own!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and spices. They should be well mixed so each of your cookies will be coated evenly!
- Start rolling your cookie dough into 2 inch balls. I got about 24 cookies out of one tube! Then take each dough ball, and roll it in the sugar mix. – I think Carter had a little too much fun with this part. Our cookies were definitely fully coated with sugar!
- Spread them out evenly on a lined cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes. We love our cookies soft with a little crisp around the edges. If you do too, I’d say JUST under 10 minutes!
- Take cookies out and allow them to cool on a wired rack. They might be a little squishy but that’s okay! Take your time. After they cool, store them in a nice air tight Tupperware.
Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy!