With Thanksgiving only a few days away, I’m sure there are many people getting ready to travel! This is a great recipe to help clean out your refrigerator and a few pantry items before you leave. This recipe is full of fresh ingredients and tastes that will keep you full and energized for your day. I suggest adding it to your weekly meal prep every now and then too! I just recently shared this recipe with my sister, Megan, who made it for her two-day school week before she heads out of town! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1 15oz can whole kernel corn
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onions
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup ranch dressing (I love all of the Marzetti dressings)
- 2 tbsp Siracha (Feel free to add more if you want an extra kick!)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff and set aside.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, and toss with a spatula.
- Garnish with your dressing of choice, avocados, extra cilantro, and enjoy. Feel free to add some grilled chicken and serve it for dinner too!