Grab a bag or box of fresh cherries and try this recipe out! I learned the hard way how messy cherries can be LOL, but all of the stains came out of our clothes so that’s good. This recipe is easy to throw together for a quick breakfast, snack, or even dessert! And if you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me, I love hearing how you like them! I hope you enjoy this one as much as we did. Feel free to substitute ingredients!
- 2 cups fresh cherries, cleaned and pitted
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour, or regular flour, whichever you already have
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (thanks to my mother-in-law for keeping us stocked up on this!)
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 4 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cupcake tin, or a mini brownie pan.
- Smash your cherries in a large bowl (let your little ones help, they will love it!). Then add the flour, maple syrup, cane sugar, and chia seeds. Combine with a spatula until cherries are coated evenly.
- In a separate bowl, pour in your oats and add in the cinnamon. Stir them around until they are evenly coated as well.
- In your greased pan, scoop the cherry mixture into each tin. I filled mine about halfway full to leave room for the oats on top. Next, top each cherry cup with the oat mix!
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Then let the bars set for I’d say about 30 minutes, or until your cupcake tin cools off. This helps the bars maintain their shape.
- Once they are set and cooled, store them in an air tight container so they stay fresh!