What I love about this recipe is that it’s easy to make and you can easily double the recipe if needed. They are a quick snack when you’re on-the-go, or when you’re a mom and forget to eat breakfast as you’re on your way out the door! These were also a huge help when I first had Carter for those late night feedings. They are also kid friendly (even though they might be a little messy), for an easy snack. Carter loves them! We rarely keep these in the Tupperware for more than a few days because they get gobbled up so fast. We hope you love them too!
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, or shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip, or dairy free chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine the peanut butter and the honey until smooth.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients, and stir with a spatula. I like to get my hands dirty and just mix it by hand. It makes combining the thick mixture much easier!
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about an hour to help the protein balls set.
- Store in a tight container, and enjoy when you need a quick pick-me-up!